Monday, November 30, 2009

Things I Learned From Dasha

Things I Learned From Dasha

I need to go to the temple regularly.

Fasting brings the spirit. I need the spirit.

Infertility sucks.

Great doctors give words of encouragement. Dr. Lamoreaux is a great doctor.

Heavenly Father will answer my prayers.

This is a probationary state and not a perfect sphere.

My friends help answer prayers.

Russia is a dangerous place.

The mafia is real. They are mean.

Russians are smart.

There are people all over the world who want to help others and give good lives to children.

We live in a world of bribes and deceipt. We have to live in it but not be of it.

We can't save every child. Some will be left behind. They are in God's tender care.

When a child hasn't had experience and has vision problems they walk off the edge of the bed and don't know there is an edge. You have to watch them closely and protect them from all harm.

When a child is abused they have a mixed up sense of what is reality.

We have to share their reality with ours. Find a middle ground.

Everyone has disabilities.

God heals us by magnifying the good in us.

He gave us the good in us.

When we see the good in others we forget our own weaknesses.

I have to let her walk off the bed. I can't protect her from all harm.
I have to let her go.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this Kathy. It makes me want to write something like it. Daria has been such a blessing for us all -- an inspiration in all our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy! Great spiritual thoughts and I got some good chuckles too actually on the "Mafia...they are mean," part. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete